Question Grammar setting not sticking.

Thanks for getting me past the conversion obstacle.

I have another issue. When I make the Grammar setting to be a string of 1 to 71 columns to compare, this setting
    gets applied to my other compares by default. I have another compare on the same file type for 1 to 133 columns in text compare. When I change 1, the other Grammar setting gets changed too. I put the compares in separate folders
    but that does not make a difference. I tried doing both a save as View only and Session only and neither makes a difference.

I would like the Grammar to be unique for each folder. I also tried clicking the Lock button to see if the Grammar
    setting would be locked but this is not kept.

Thanks.

Default issue overcome. orphan line question...

I got past the 'non stick' issue. I created a new item and made this item 1 for column 1 through 133. So I have Item 1 and Item 2. I checked off item 2 for the COBOL compares. Then locked each session. I checked off Item 1 for reports (length 133). Then locked these sessions. I got the Grammar to be unique for the same file type (*.*) or blank. Are lines that are in File 1 but not File 2 always unimportant ? I ask because the color for unimportant shows up on these lines. I think this is orphan line. I saw there is a check box to make orphan lines important. I assume an orphan line is a line in File 1 that is not in File 2. The entire line in File 1 is coming in as unimportant. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedgre View Post
    Thanks for getting me past the conversion obstacle.

I have another issue. When I make the Grammar setting to be a string of 1 to 71 columns to compare, this setting
    gets applied to my other compares by default. I have another compare on the same file type for 1 to 133 columns in text compare. When I change 1, the other Grammar setting gets changed too. I put the compares in separate folders
    but that does not make a difference. I tried doing both a save as View only and Session only and neither makes a difference.

I would like the Grammar to be unique for each folder. I also tried clicking the Lock button to see if the Grammar
    setting would be locked but this is not kept.

Thanks.

If you click into the Unimportant text, what grammar element shows in the bottom status bar of each pane? This grammar is likely marked as unimportant; otherwise, orphan lines are different and would usually be Important.

If you are still having trouble, could you post screenshots, or email into support@scootersoftware.com with a link back to this forum thread, screenshots, and if you can: your sample files and BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support, Export. This way, we can recreate your current comparison and see what is going on.
    Aaron P Scooter Software