Default Dropbox Copy and Compare fails due to Socket Shutdown

I'm trying to backup a number of photos and videos to Dropbox. Photos and smaller videos copy and compare just fine, but when a larger video takes more than a minute or so, the copy operation fails. I started using the Dropbox web interface to copy, but BC's compare operation still fails with a "Unable to retrieve <file>: Socket Shutdown"

At first, this was a rare occurrence, but now it's SOP. I thought perhaps Dropbox or my ISP might be throttling performance, but even after a day away, it continues to happen.

Is there a way around this? Thanks!
    Michael

Hello,

Which version of Beyond Compare are you currently using (Help menu -> About)? What protocol are you using to connect to Dropbox, our BC4 Pro Profile support?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Hi Aaron,
    I'm using BC 4.2.3 (build 22587) 64-bit edition (trial). I'm not sure what protocol is being used, or how to find out. Restarting my computer has seemed to help (but it's still got a lot of comparisons to go.)
    Michael

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Socket shutdowns are starting again.
    Last edited by gmontag451; 05-Feb-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Hello,

A full screen screenshot of the Folder Compare and/or the Tools menu -> Profiles dialog would help show your current setup. You can also email us at support@scootersoftware.com with information you would like to keep private (including a link back to this forum thread for our reference). If you email us, you can also include your full settings from the Help menu -> Support dialog; Export: BCSupport.zip.

You mention rebooting the computer. Have you rebooted the router and/or modem as well? We sometimes see poor handling of very large dropbox transfers, but the error message we get back is usually "HTTP can't parse response", not a "socket shutdown".

And to confirm, is this Windows 10 64bit with the latest Fall Creator's Update or other updates applied? I ask because you originally posted in the BC2 forum (I'm going to move the thread to BC4 now).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I'll send the screenshots/etc. via email. I haven't rebooted the router, which would disrupt other computers. I'm actually using Windows 8.1 64 bit with non-essential updates turned off around the time Microsoft started forcing Windows 10 on users.

Sorry for posting in BC2 and thanks for moving the thread; I just Googled for BC forum and ended up there!
    Last edited by gmontag451; 05-Feb-2018 at 04:09 PM.