X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • timcg
    Visitor
    • Aug 2010

Feature Request: Editing in Table Compare

When comparing CSV files using Table Compare, I often find myself wanting to copy a block of cells (or maybe an entire column) from one side to the other. Currently the only way of doing this (that I'm aware of) is one cell at a time. This is fine if there are just a few cells to copy but it quickly gets pretty tedious if there are a few hundred. (Sometimes I can just go back to Excel and doing the copying there, but this isn't always possible if, for example, the files are sorted differently.)

Is there a way in BC4 to select a block of cells on one side and then copy them to the other side? I suppose what I'm really asking for is something equivalent to the Full Edit feature of Text Compare, but for Table Compare. This would provide a degree of basic Excel-like cell editing, including copy & paste.

I don't think any of this is possible now, but could it be added in a future release?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

It's not possible for this style of selection or editing/pasting in the current release, but I'll add this idea to our Customer Wishlist.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...