X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • intersol
    Enthusiast
    • Apr 2006

SFTP does not work with IPv6 domains

I have a server that is running only on IPv6 and BeyondCompare (4.2.4/MacOS) refused to connect to it giving the same error: "Unable to load initial remote folder"... which is total none-sense because it doesn't even reach the phase where it would prompt for the host key.

This had nothing to do with the configuration, as soon I put an IPv4 for the same machine it started to work.

I tried other SCP clients using IPv6 and it worked without any problems, clearly a double issue with BC: SCP IPv6 support being broken and maybe even worse: generic errors messages that do not give any hint regarding the real issue behind.
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thank you for reporting the issue. Beyond Compare on Unix (macOS and Linux) doesn't support IPv6 SFTP. I will add it to our bug list for a future version.

BC on Unix (macOS and Linux) does support IPv6 for FTP and FTPS.

The Windows version of BC supports IPv6 for FTP, FTPS, and SFTP.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• BeeMirror
      New User
      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by intersol
      I have a server that is running only on IPv6 and BeyondCompare (4.2.4/MacOS) refused to connect to it giving the same error: "Unable to load initial remote folder"... which is total none-sense because it doesn't even reach the phase where it would prompt for the host key.

This had nothing to do with the configuration, as soon I put an IPv4 for the same machine it started to work.

I tried other SCP clients using IPv6 and it worked without any problems, clearly a double issue with BC: SCP IPv6 support being broken and maybe even worse: generic errors messages that do not give any hint regarding the real issue behind.
      Hello,

From my XP clients I pinged sftp/domain.com and it replied. When I ping the same machine from my windows 8 clients, it fails to resolve the IP. Should I check in my network centre what profile it thinks my clients are in. Should it say domain?

Comment

Working...