Folder/file display taking a very longt time ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterr
    Fanatic
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Aaron
    Yes, we've repeated it. Have you workaround fixed the saved session by loading it and clicking on Name or another column to sort other than the (invisible) CRC column?
    AS stated a few times, I resolved it by completely removing BC4 and reinstalling. There obviously needs to be a fix to BC4 to prevent it from happening.

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Ok, good, we've got that crash report and tracker entry. Just making sure it isn't still a roadblock or cropped up again.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• peterr
        Fanatic
        • Nov 2004

Will there be a fix for this ? Today I viewed CRC on a small folder and had the sort to CRC set. Finished that session and attempted to then start a new session with no CRC viewed.

BC4 attempts to sort to CRC despite the fact that CRC is NOT set to view. It took quite a few attempts to get BC4 back to a stable state again. I have to run system monitor to kill the process as BC4 cannot be exited when it is attempting to sort to CRC.

All it needs is if CRC is NOT set to view, don't sort to CRC, but filename.

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello,

Sorry, this is still a known/open issue. We've had a few higher priority items we've needed to tackle, but it's still on our radar to get this one fixed, too.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• peterr
            Fanatic
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Aaron
            Sorry, this is still a known/open issue. We've had a few higher priority items we've needed to tackle, but it's still on our radar to get this one fixed, too.
            No worries. I thought it was fixed, that was the main reason for my post. Just took me a while to get BC4 back to 'normal' again.

The workaround is to close BC4, open again, then after selecting folder compare, but BEFORE selecting the paths, click on the filename column, so it will sort to that.

Thanks Aaron.

Comment

Working...