Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    To confirm your steps, you have to also Sort by CRC first, correct? It's not just enabling CRC, but enable and sort, and then remove the column without setting another column to be sorted. If the sorted column is crc, this is the slow load scenario I've found. If another column is set to sort during the load and crc is hidden, it should be quick.
    The default columns to display are size and modified. If I add another column, in this case, CRC, and then remove CRC column view, I'm left with the defaults, size and modified.

To answer your question, yes I used sort by CRC as that is how I picked up the duplicates. Just a manual visual check. But then I unchecked CRC column view and was left with the defaults, size and modified.

I'm not sure if I then clicked either size or modified, because name/filename is always the default sort view. I'm not keen to try and replicate it as BC4 works fine now and I'm not _real_ willing to have it hang on me.

I sent an email to Scooter software, containing a cut down version of the sessions XML file, so hopefully you can replicate the problem.

Hello,

Looks like it, with those settings for sorting by CRC but the column isn't visible is the issue.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Looks like it, with those settings for sorting by CRC but the column isn't visible is the issue.
    Have you been able to replicate the problem.

Yes, we've repeated it. Have you workaround fixed the saved session by loading it and clicking on Name or another column to sort other than the (invisible) CRC column?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Yes, we've repeated it. Have you workaround fixed the saved session by loading it and clicking on Name or another column to sort other than the (invisible) CRC column?
    AS stated a few times, I resolved it by completely removing BC4 and reinstalling. There obviously needs to be a fix to BC4 to prevent it from happening.

Ok, good, we've got that crash report and tracker entry. Just making sure it isn't still a roadblock or cropped up again.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Will there be a fix for this ? Today I viewed CRC on a small folder and had the sort to CRC set. Finished that session and attempted to then start a new session with no CRC viewed.

BC4 attempts to sort to CRC despite the fact that CRC is NOT set to view. It took quite a few attempts to get BC4 back to a stable state again. I have to run system monitor to kill the process as BC4 cannot be exited when it is attempting to sort to CRC.

All it needs is if CRC is NOT set to view, don't sort to CRC, but filename.

Hello,

Sorry, this is still a known/open issue. We've had a few higher priority items we've needed to tackle, but it's still on our radar to get this one fixed, too.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Sorry, this is still a known/open issue. We've had a few higher priority items we've needed to tackle, but it's still on our radar to get this one fixed, too.
    No worries. I thought it was fixed, that was the main reason for my post. Just took me a while to get BC4 back to 'normal' again.

The workaround is to close BC4, open again, then after selecting folder compare, but BEFORE selecting the paths, click on the filename column, so it will sort to that.

Thanks Aaron.