X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tigrouzen
    New User
    • Jun 2016

Advanced compare

Firstly I would like to thank you for the hard work you have done for this most powerful tool.

But here, I do not know if it is me who uses badly or this possibility does not appear in the tool.

As you can see on the images, I often do kernel comparisons, but unfortunately in this type of file two identical instructions may never have the same place, so Beyond compares even with the more complex options that take time, Beyond compare only recon by alignment, what I would have liked is that it detects duplicates and declares them to be identical.

Thank you in advance for your light.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tigrouzen; 06-Jan-2018, 12:07 PM.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks! And to confirm, the filtered/matched sections in between are correctly aligned sections: the issue is that some out of order text sections are unaligned?

BC4 does not have a built-in syntax detection or moved text block detection. Our current strategy is to use a conversion utility to help 'sort' your files, then compare the sorted versions. We have a few for download in our Additional File Formats section of our download page for some formats, like XML or HTML. For custom declaration (using any command line program) we have an example here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...rnalconversion
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...