Show only folders (folder pairs) with same names?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Donk
    Old Hand
    • May 2016

Show only folders (folder pairs) with same names?

How could I show only folders (folder pairs) with same names (indepentently of their contents)?

And how could I show only folders (folder pairs) with same names with identical contents (identical by content)? And the same with not identical content?
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Donk
    How could I show only folders (folder pairs) with same names (indepentently of their contents)?
    Load the folders in the Folder Compare.
    In the Filters toolbar, enter -*.* and hit Enter.
    Select View > Compare Files and Folder Structure.
    Select View > Show Same.

Originally posted by Donk
    And how could I show only folders (folder pairs) with same names with identical contents (identical by content)? And the same with not identical content?
    It isn't possible to filter on folders with matching contents or different content. You can only filter to show files with matching contents or files with different content.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Donk
      Old Hand
      • May 2016

Thank you very much!

It isn't possible to filter on folders with matching contents or different content. You can only filter to show files with matching contents or files with different content.
      And the files must have the same names, I assume. So, comparing by content and different file names is not available, I guess.

So BC cannot show only the folder pairs with identical files by content or show the folder pairs only with different content or hide them. Actually I would not have supposed that.

Load the folders in the Folder Compare.
      In the Filters toolbar, enter -*.* and hit Enter.
      Select View > Compare Files and Folder Structure.
      Select View > Show Same.
      I do not get it to work with those settings anymore, what am I missing:
      http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4...oeqv7r_png.htm

These folders have the same names but are not shown with the above settings:
      http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4...x4vieo_png.htm

Many thanks again
      Last edited by Donk; 29-Dec-2017, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

The Display Filters control the criteria of files shown, and the folders that contain those files. If there are only different files in those folders, then they would be hidden from view. Compare Folder and Files view mode would help show empty Orphan folders when looking for differences, but would also show any folder that contains an Orphan file.

From the screenshot, those folders are different sizes, so they must contain some orphans or differences.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Donk
          Old Hand
          • May 2016

Hello Aaron!

From the screenshot, those folders are different sizes, so they must contain some orphans or differences.
          Yes, they do. Sorry, I do not understand, what do I have to do to show that folder pair respectively all folders with same names?

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

Have you applied the Filter by hitting "enter" after typing -*.*?
            Do you have any other filters defined in the Other Filters tab of the Session Settings?

If you are still having any trouble, it might be easiest to email us at [email protected] with:
            - a link back to this forum thread
            - your BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support
            - a pair of Snapshots of your base folders (Tools menu -> Save Snapshot twice, once for each side).

Then we can set this filter and figure out why that folder is currently filtered out.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Donk
              Old Hand
              • May 2016

Hello Aaron!

Have you applied the Filter by hitting "enter" after typing -*.*?
              Yes, I did.

Do you have any other filters defined in the Other Filters tab of the Session Settings?
              No, I haven't. https://i.imgur.com/CXK0QLM.png
              https://i.imgur.com/YgmpfUC.png

Then we can set this filter and figure out why that folder is currently filtered out.
              I do not have that synchronization situation anymore. I will try to get another / similar one.

How could one see / open such a *.bcss / screenshot?

Many thanks
              Last edited by Donk; 02-Jan-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Aaron
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Once generated, a .bcss would open in our Folder Compare, like a virtual folder. You could close down BC4, open it back up with a fresh blank Folder Compare, and load your .bcss files on the left and right to re-create the test scenario we'd see.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Donk
                  Old Hand
                  • May 2016

Ah yes, thank you very much!

Comment

Working...