Which contains the number 1

and Your File.txt
    Which contains the number 2

Here's the script:
    file-report layout:side-by-side &
    options:display-mismatches &
    output-to:%3 %1 %2

I've also tried:
    file-report layout:side-by-side options:display-mismatches output-to:%3 %1 %2

Here's how I'm calling it:
    BCompare.exe @"C:\Users\robert.minardi\Desktop\Comparison Files\HASHREF_Incoming\My Script.txt" "C:\Users\robert.minardi\Desktop\Comparison Files\HASHREF_Incoming\My File.txt" "C:\Users\robert.minardi\Desktop\Comparison Files\HASHREF_Incoming\Your File.txt" "C:\Users\robert.minardi\Desktop\Comparison Files\HASHREF_Incoming\My Report.txt"

Where that path is where those file are.

Here's the error I get every time:
    Fatal Scripting Error: Unable to create report

I'm trying to get this to work with the simplest possible data (1 vs 2)and I can't get it to run. I used your example file names to eliminate variance with no luck.

Any suggestions? Because the error is about as non descriptive as you can get?

I also attached a zip file with the files I'm using.

Thanks,
    Rob

BCFiles.zip
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The key is missing quotes around the variables in scripting, to handle the whitespaces in the file name. You have the quotes on the command line, but the command line then passes the literal text inside the quotes to %1, %2, %3, and doesn't include the quote itself (which is needed here, too):

file-report layout:side-by-side options:display-mismatches output-to:"%3" "%1" "%2"

I'd also recommend updating to the specific report type you need: text-report
    text-report layout:side-by-side options:display-mismatches output-to:"%3" "%1" "%2"

Does this help get you started? Let us know if you need any help customizing the report with additional scripting arguments.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• rmnrdi
      Enthusiast
      • Dec 2017

Yeah that was critical.
      I stumbled upon that last night and got everything working.

Just out of curiosity, why do your script examples have the script sans " "?

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

They're older examples and work with paths without spaces. I'll make a note about updating our help file.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...