X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bkdotcom
    Enthusiast
    • Dec 2008

Next Difference Files

PC: "next difference files" opens up the comparison of the next file containing a difference
    MAC: "next difference files" closes the current file compare and highlights the next file in the folder compare
    (edit: apparently the next file is opened... it's just opened in a window hidden or partially-hidden behind the folde-compare window)

The PC behavior is the preferred behavior
    Last edited by bkdotcom; 18-Dec-2017, 01:30 PM. Reason: new information has come to light
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for the report. Which version of MacOS are you running? Which version of BC4, and what combination of the Preferences -> Tabs: New Windows or New Tab options are you using? I've tested a couple versions of MacOS with BC 4.2.3, but Text Compare's Next Difference Files seems to be staying on top.

If you need to update, you can do so with the in app Check for Updates or via our website:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• bkdotcom
      Enthusiast
      • Dec 2008

OSX 10.11.6
      BC4: 4.2.3

Of course now it's decided to work for me.. And I can't reproduce. But the reported problem/behavior is that the file-compare window gets focus, but it's behind the folder-compare window.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Did you reboot the machine or restart the app between? It may have been in a bad state.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...