waht output options should be mentipneto genrate report in text file instead of html

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • veeravdc
    Visitor
    • Oct 2017

waht output options should be mentipneto genrate report in text file instead of html

Hi ,

I'm comparing two text files I have used below BC script its generated report file in html format as specified in
    output options .
    text-report layout:side-by-side &
    options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches &
    output-to:%3 output-options:html-color &
    %1 %2

what is output option to generate report file in next format. Also why the reports are big size like 15 mb is there any way
    to reduce the report file size.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Remove "output-options:html-color" to revert to a plain .txt output, while also updating %3 to be a .txt file.

The size of the report is controlled by the text content within it. How large are files %1 and %2, and how much of their text is different? If both files are large, and have about ~7+ megs of different text, then including all of that text in a report would make ~15 meg file.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• veeravdc
      Visitor
      • Oct 2017

Hi Aron,

I'm getting different output like both files content is same even if I provide two different text files.
      Could you please provide script for this.

script I have used
      text-report
      options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches &
      output-to:%3
      %1 %2

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

The text-report command is a single command, either all on one line or with & to carry over onto multiple lines. It also looks like you're missing the layout portion of the text-report command.

Corrected script:
        Code:
        text-report layout:side-by-side options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches output-to:"%3" "%1" "%2"
        Command line to run the script:
        bcompare.exe @script.txt file1.txt file2.txt out.txt
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...