X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tla612
    New User
    • Dec 2017

Copy updated files to a new folder

When we deploy our software we do the first release as a complete build (all binaries and text files). All later releases are done as "patches." By a "patch," I mean all of the files that have changed are put into a new file and our load script is updated to reference the files in the patch directory first.

BeyondCompare can help me identify which files have changed, but can I also use it to create a file containing the names of the changed files as well as copy the changed files into a new directory? I believe I can use the Session -> Folder Compare Report... tool and write a tool to parse the saved file and do the copy, but it would be nice if BC did it for me.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

You can generate a report of differences using the Folder Compare Report. If you are still in-app, you can also use the Edit menu -> Expand All, Select All Files (shift+arrows to select one side), you can select only different files (filters set to Show Differences to a subset of differences). Once you've selected only the different files, you can use the Copy To Folder command to copy to a separate location.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...