Default Crashing when using picture compare w/DNG files and also generating reports

Hi, I'm evaluating BC 4 to see if it will work for our purposes. We are specifically interested in the 'Picture Compare' feature. However, I've run into a couple of crashes.

First, if I selected a DNG file generated by Adobe Lightroom it crashes immediately. A log file from this crash is attached. See DNG crash.txt

Second, I tried using a JPG and Tiff file. The comparison worked in that case but the app crashes when I try to generate the Picture Compare Report. I'm attaching a screen shot of the settings I'm using in the report dialog. The crash occurs when I choose the Copy to Clipboard option or attempt to save the file. See the attached log file, Report crash.txt.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for the two reports. I've reproduced the Summary Report crash and opened a tracker entry to get that fixed.

Would it be possible to get a sample .dng file that is crashing the Picture Report for you? You can email us at support@scootersoftware.com along with a link back to this forum thread for our reference. I am also downloading the trial, but it may be quicker to get a file that reproduces the issue for you, than myself creating one from scratch.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Hi Aaron, thanks for your response. I've sent an email to the support address you provided.

John

The crash you reported is fixed in Beyond Compare 4.2.5.
    Chris K Scooter Software