• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steveculshaw
    Expert
    • Sep 2009

Synchronisation to network server over VPN

Hi there

I've got an automated synchronisation which works fine when my laptop is in the office.
    The synchronisation is from a local drive to a network file share.

But when I'm at home I get issues ... BC4 crashes :-( (already posted the crash logs)

I've opened the folder compare in BC4
    Some of the files are the same ... but others have a different icon against the network files

Attached screen shots shows a couple of the files compares ...

The "same" files open fine, as do the "different" files in the network folder

Cheers,
    SteveC.
    Attached Files
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The files on the right appear to be symbolic links, are the base folders exactly the same syntax when loading on one computer vs. the other?

In the Session menu -> Session Settings, Handling tab, you can enable to Follow symbolic links, but it would also be good to determine why one computer is loading as files and the other has symbolic links. Or has the other computer been configured to always Follow Symbolic Links enabled by default?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• steveculshaw
      Expert
      • Sep 2009

Thanks Aaron

Turning on the "Follow symbolic links" looks to have sorted the issue

Originally posted by Aaron
      Or has the other computer been configured to always Follow Symbolic Links enabled by default?
      It was the same PC; difference was the location, i.e. worked when in the office, had an issue when I was at home going over the VPN

Comment

Working...