X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mehringe
    New User
    • Oct 2017

File Delete Location

I'll keep this short and to the point, I am a novice user of Beyond Compare 3. I was trying to remove the files from the left side of my compare window. I used the delete key. I didn't read the popup message at all and clicked okay again. I am now sad to say all of the files I was comparing were deleted from my computer. Is there any way using Beyond Compare to restore these files? TIA for any assistance anyone can provide.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Check your recycle bin, as BC4 will attempt to send the files there (like Windows Explorer). Some sources don't send to the Recycle bin (in either BC4 or Explorer). However, BC4 does not support an Undo command.

The delete command would work on the selection, also similar to Explorer. Did you accidentally select everything, or select a parent folder? The Delete dialog also offers a preview count of the deleted items and sides. We do have an option to require an extra click: in the Tools menu -> Options dialog, File Operations: "Confirm file delete" and "Require explicit side selection in Delete dialog". The second option would require checking the box of either side before allowing a Delete.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...