• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • veeravdc
    Visitor
    • Oct 2017

PDF comparision using BC

Hi ,

Currently my organization has license for BC tool we tried to automate this tool using UFT but UFT didn't support this.

You have command line scripting feature could you please provide solution to compare multiple PDF's using the script.

I'm new to this BC scripting please let me know how to execute the script also.

Appreciate your help.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Could you provide more information on "UFT"? Is this an automation software or file type?

Script can generate a file report showing the different text content of PDFs. To see a sample report, open the graphical interface's Text Compare session, open your PDF files on the left and right, then use the Session menu -> Text Compare Report. Pick different layouts and options. Which combination did you want to create using a script? A sample would be:
    bcompare.exe "@c:\bcscript.txt" "c:\1.pdf" "c:\2.pdf" "c:\bcreports\out.html"

where the bcscript.txt is:
    text-report layout:side-by-side output-to:"%3" "%1" %2"

If you do not need to see the content, but just need to know if Equal or Not Equal, you can use /quickcompare, documented in our Help file -> Command Line Reference. This takes 2 files as parameters:
    bcomp.com /quickcompare "1.pdf" "2.pdf"

where it will then issue a return code to %ErrorLevel%
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...