X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andwan0
    Enthusiast
    • May 2009

BC2PluginMFC Sample Viewer

I got the source code to the BC2PluginMFC Sample Viewer.
    Does anyone know how I can run this in debug mode?
    I am able to setup BC2 to using the MFC Sample Viewer instead of the File Viewer... but am wondering how to breakout in Visual Studio 6 - since this is a plug-in, rather than an executable app.
  • andwan0
    Enthusiast
    • May 2009

No worries. I used Visual Studio 2010 IDE (with Visual C++ 6 compiler) and now I can get it to break out!

Awesome, now I can continue writing BC2 plugins.

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hello,

Great to hear. Just for your info, BC2 plug-ins do function in BC3, but not in BC4. BC4 uses a different concept called an External Format.
      http://www.scootersoftware.com/v4hel...algeneral.html

This uses an independent program with expected command line values, which allows it to be more independent from BC4 and not as reliant on our API.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• andwan0
        Enthusiast
        • May 2009

Where can I get docs info on the APIs? MFC sample plugin is lacking documentation.
        as well as how to write and how plugins work.

It seems we can use MFC to draw shapes etc. to visually show objects in our custom files

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello,

We do not have extensive documentation for the BC2 plug-in API; just the old sample projects (Delphi or C++/MFC). The Delphi version has more commenting if you have that .zip. Email us at [email protected] with a link back to this thread if you need it.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...