Default Compare parts of same file?

Hello out there!

I was wondering if there is a way of comparing parts of a file with another part?

The application for that is: I have is an XML file with a rather large set 'configurations' in one file, and I need to be able to
    find out what is the difference between any of the configurations. At the moment I have to cut and paste into new temp files to be able to do that, since I have not been able to figure a way of doing what I need.
    I am able to 'compare' a file to itself - and load it into both halves of the compare panes, but no matter what I tried so far - no luck in a good comparison between parts. Maybe it is impossible?

Best regards,
    avoros

Hello,

We do have a shortcut for that:
    1) Select and Copy the first batch of text.
    2) Select a second batch of text, then right click and Compare to Clipboard.

This will generate two temporary files for you, representing the two selections, and compare them in a new tab.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hello,

We do have a shortcut for that:
    1) Select and Copy the first batch of text.
    2) Select a second batch of text, then right click and Compare to Clipboard.

This will generate two temporary files for you, representing the two selections, and compare them in a new tab.
    That is wonderful!

Thank you!