Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Version 4.2.4 is now available, it fixes the error messages when using BC from the command line on macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Problem still exists when trying to run from CLI - here is my console output:

/Applications/Beyond Compare.app/Contents/MacOS]$ ./BCompare
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'

I just downloaded and installed the latest release, 4.2.4 , BCompareOSX-4.2.4.22795.zip, and it still does not load. Running it from the command line, like I showed above, results in that error. Running from any other way results in me having to "Force Quit" the application.

Thanks,
    Dave

Hello,

If you navigate to /Applications/ and /User/username/Applications/, which location has Beyond Compare.app, and can you double check the Version?

BC 4.2.4 should work; have you rebooted your Mac as well to make sure it isn't in a bad state?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Nothing in my User directory - only /Applications....

/Applications/Beyond Compare.app/Contents]$ cat Info.plist |grep 4.2 -A 5 -B 5
    <key>CFBundleName</key>
    <string>Beyond Compare</string>
    <key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
    <string>APPL</string>
    <key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
    <string>4.2.4.22795</string>
    <key>CFBundleSignature</key>
    <string>BCmp</string>
    <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
    --
    <key>CFBundleSignature</key>
    <string>BCmp</string>
    <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
    <string>4020.42.79</string>
    <key>CSResourcesFileMapped</key>
    <true/>
    <key>LSEnvironment</key>
    <dict>
    <key>LC_CTYPE</key>

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hello,

If you navigate to /Applications/ and /User/username/Applications/, which location has Beyond Compare.app, and can you double check the Version?

BC 4.2.4 should work; have you rebooted your Mac as well to make sure it isn't in a bad state?

ok - the reboot cleared the problem and BC now runs - thanks!