X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • udog
    New User
    • Sep 2017

SFTP directory comparison, binary, stale comparison results

Hello Scooter, I just purchased and am running v4 (latest version). I am doing a directory tree comparison between two SFTP sites. When I do hard-refresh (Ctrl+F5 on Windows) the results are not updated -- meaning, files that have already been changed on the server (I mean before hitting Ctrl+F5) are showing as unmatched, when I know they are matched. It seems the software is caching the comparison data. Is there a way to correct this?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

A Full Refresh (Ctrl+F5) will reload the comparison and should update the comparison. If you click Home and reload the session from scratch, what results does this show?

Could we get an email with the FTP log? You can enable the debug logging in the Tools menu -> Options, Tweaks section, scroll down to Log Panel, and add FTP trace and Debug messages. Then Load your session, then Full Refresh. When you email us at [email protected] please include a link back to this forum thread for our reference. Any screenshots you can also include would help.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• apic
      New User
      • Feb 2018

Hi Aaron and udog,
      I have a refresh issue that MAY be what you were referring to.
      The two SFTP directories correctly refresh with a Full Refresh (Ctrl+F5)
      If a file opened from the remote SFTP directory in a file compare is changed on the remote system, that file does not update with the (Ctrl+F5) refresh.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

The Text Compare has two refresh commands: Refresh (F5) and Recompare (Ctrl+F5). The Recompare specifically does not reload the files, but only recompares them as is. A Refresh (F5) would reload their content. Are you seeing the problem if you use a Refresh?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...