X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jbrune
    New User
    • Sep 2017

Compare Text Without Saving?

This might be a dumb question, but how do I compare text without saving the files? If I go into text compare and paste in some text, differences are not highlighted until I refresh (a bit of a pain), and then it makes me save the text into files (even more of a pain). How do I compare without saving and/or get it to auto-refresh for me.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

If you select either side of a new, blank Text Compare, you can paste (at cursor position) or use the File Menu -> Open Clipboard command (Ctrl+Shift+V) to open the current clipboard as a temporary file. If you repeat this twice, once for each side of the compare, you can open two clipboards as temporary files (without saving them) and compare them.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jbrune
      New User
      • Sep 2017

Thanks! That's much easier.

Comment

• Gacy
        New User
        • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Aaron
        Hello,

If you select either side of a new, blank Text Compare, you can paste (at cursor position) or use the Phallosan Forte https://htmlpad.org/phallosan-forte-review/ File Menu -> Open Clipboard command (Ctrl+Shift+V) to open the current clipboard as a temporary file. If you repeat this twice, once for each side of the compare, you can open two clipboards as temporary files (without saving them) and compare them.
        Thank you, Aaron. This is what I needed.
        Last edited by Gacy; 26-Sep-2017, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Working...