Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Don't worry about it. I'll just pass this information on to our developer.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I finally got some time and just started the work of applying the changes to my fork - good thing I had the sense to take a look at this thread again (notifications were off)

I will take a look at and incorporate @miller's changes as well.

I'd be more than happy to coordinate with you / your developer, especially since changes need to be applied to files that aren't in the BCompare-LinuxMenus Github repository but are contained within the bcompare Debian package, for which you (understandably) aren't making the sources / source Debian package(s) available.

Feel free to contact me via email.

I'm running BeyondCompare 4.2.4 on Linux Mint 18.3 KDE.
    I've been missing Dolphin context menu integration for a while, but I only now tracked down this thread.

I made the changes to the 2 files in the original post (basically renamed the original files w/ a .orig suffix and copied in those files)
    And it is working like a charm.

Thanks

KDE 5 context menu support is now included in Beyond Compare 4.2.5.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Could someone please clarify how plasma5 integration should be working? I looked at native module in github repo and it still links to KDE4 libs, however very same module is copied to qt5 plugins directory. Is that supposed to work?

I copied:
    * ext/bcompare_ext_kde.amd64.so to /usr/lib/qt/plugins/bcompare_ext_kde.so
    * ext/bcompare_ext_kde.desktop to /usr/share/kservices5/bcompare_ext_kde.desktop

I enabled service in dolphin settings and dolphin does not show errors about failing to load native library. Despite that no extra menus appear in context menus.

I am testing this on Archlinux using this package: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/bcompare/ + manual modifications i mentioned.