Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Don't worry about it. I'll just pass this information on to our developer.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I finally got some time and just started the work of applying the changes to my fork - good thing I had the sense to take a look at this thread again (notifications were off)

I will take a look at and incorporate @miller's changes as well.

I'd be more than happy to coordinate with you / your developer, especially since changes need to be applied to files that aren't in the BCompare-LinuxMenus Github repository but are contained within the bcompare Debian package, for which you (understandably) aren't making the sources / source Debian package(s) available.

Feel free to contact me via email.

I'm running BeyondCompare 4.2.4 on Linux Mint 18.3 KDE.
    I've been missing Dolphin context menu integration for a while, but I only now tracked down this thread.

I made the changes to the 2 files in the original post (basically renamed the original files w/ a .orig suffix and copied in those files)
    And it is working like a charm.

Thanks

KDE 5 context menu support is now included in Beyond Compare 4.2.5.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Could someone please clarify how plasma5 integration should be working? I looked at native module in github repo and it still links to KDE4 libs, however very same module is copied to qt5 plugins directory. Is that supposed to work?

I copied:
    * ext/bcompare_ext_kde.amd64.so to /usr/lib/qt/plugins/bcompare_ext_kde.so
    * ext/bcompare_ext_kde.desktop to /usr/share/kservices5/bcompare_ext_kde.desktop

I enabled service in dolphin settings and dolphin does not show errors about failing to load native library. Despite that no extra menus appear in context menus.

I am testing this on Archlinux using this package: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/bcompare/ + manual modifications i mentioned.

Hi,

I'm the maintainer of the bcompare package at Arch Linux, and I've noticed the exact same issue as @rku did. I've just pushed my changes AUR repo. I would appreciate if anybody could clarify what I'm missing. There are some comments in the package link above, if you want to know exactly the issues I found.

Thank you!

Unhappy plugin binary doesn't look right

Quote Originally Posted by mkotelba View Post
    I finally got some time and just started the work of applying the changes to my fork - good thing I had the sense to take a look at this thread again (notifications were off)

I will take a look at and incorporate @miller's changes as well.

I'd be more than happy to coordinate with you / your developer, especially since changes need to be applied to files that aren't in the BCompare-LinuxMenus Github repository but are contained within the bcompare Debian package, for which you (understandably) aren't making the sources / source Debian package(s) available.

Feel free to contact me via email.
    I'm still trying to see if I get the service menus working in Arch Linux. The bcompare_ext_kde.desktop file seems to be right, as it shows up in the Dolphin services config module:

However, I have found something in the plugin that doesn't look right to me:

Code:
    [musikolo@MyPC ~]$ qtplugininfo /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/bcompare_ext_kde.so
    qtplugininfo: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/bcompare_ext_kde.so: No plug-in meta-data found: Failed to extract plugin meta data from '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/bcompare_ext_kde.so'

[musikolo@MyPC ~]$ qtplugininfo /usr/lib/qt/plugins/komparepart.so 
    IID "org.kde.KPluginFactory" Qt 5.11.1 (release)
    User Data: [
    ]
    As you can see above, Beyond Compare plugin doesn't seem to be decoded well by qtplugininfo tool. If I do the same thing with any other plugin such as komparepart, it looks good.

So, are you sure the plugin binary is correct and compatible with Qt5 plugin system?

Any help is more than welcome!