X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jakecarter
    Visitor
    • Sep 2017

View Multiple File Subversion Diff

I'm sorry if this has already been explained. I tried searching through the forum, but couldn't find an answer to my specific question.

I have found this support page and have setup the script as described here: http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._OSXInstallCLT

My problem is that if I have multiple files that have changed, I get 1 BC window to review at a time. I have to close each window before reviewing the next file. I assumed that changing `bcomp` to `bcompare` would fix this, but then I get the same issue that everyone else sees, where it can't find the right side of the diff.

Is there a way to get `bcomp` to show multiple diffs at the same time via tabs?

Thank you,

Jake
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

You can use BC4 Pro's Profiles dialog to directly connect and view a specific Revision as a folder. We have a KB article on the subject here:
    https://www.scootersoftware.com/supp...bversionfolder

A diff command from Subversion itself would require Subversion to pass the information as a pair of folders containing the temp files. Git supports this type of workflow with difftool -dir-diff, but Subversion does not.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jakecarter
      Visitor
      • Sep 2017

Aaron,

Interesting solution. I just assumed that since the script on that support page I posted eventually shows each file I care about, that there would be some way to have BC open them all at the same time, instead of one at a time. I'll see if I can get the Profiles feature to work for my workflow. Unfortunately my company has a huge monolithic repo, so it take a while for BC to churn through everything. Even when ignoring orphans.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Jake

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

From an SVN diff, Subversion is designed to wait between each file diff.

You can type an svn url directly into the folder path of a Folder Compare if you don't want to create a Profile each time, or perform a quick local checkout to a temp directory, and then diff the local file directories.
        svn+file:///c:/users/user/svnco/trunk@2
        for revision #2, for example.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jakecarter
          Visitor
          • Sep 2017

Oh, I like the temp checkout idea. I might try something like that. Thanks for the tip!

Jake

Comment

Working...