Default View Multiple File Subversion Diff

I'm sorry if this has already been explained. I tried searching through the forum, but couldn't find an answer to my specific question.

I have found this support page and have setup the script as described here: http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._OSXInstallCLT

My problem is that if I have multiple files that have changed, I get 1 BC window to review at a time. I have to close each window before reviewing the next file. I assumed that changing `bcomp` to `bcompare` would fix this, but then I get the same issue that everyone else sees, where it can't find the right side of the diff.

Is there a way to get `bcomp` to show multiple diffs at the same time via tabs?

Thank you,

Jake

Hello,

You can use BC4 Pro's Profiles dialog to directly connect and view a specific Revision as a folder. We have a KB article on the subject here:
    https://www.scootersoftware.com/supp...bversionfolder

A diff command from Subversion itself would require Subversion to pass the information as a pair of folders containing the temp files. Git supports this type of workflow with difftool -dir-diff, but Subversion does not.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Aaron,

Interesting solution. I just assumed that since the script on that support page I posted eventually shows each file I care about, that there would be some way to have BC open them all at the same time, instead of one at a time. I'll see if I can get the Profiles feature to work for my workflow. Unfortunately my company has a huge monolithic repo, so it take a while for BC to churn through everything. Even when ignoring orphans.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Jake

From an SVN diff, Subversion is designed to wait between each file diff.

You can type an svn url directly into the folder path of a Folder Compare if you don't want to create a Profile each time, or perform a quick local checkout to a temp directory, and then diff the local file directories.
    svn+file:///c:/users/user/svnco/trunk@2
    for revision #2, for example.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Oh, I like the temp checkout idea. I might try something like that. Thanks for the tip!

Jake