• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex357
    New User
    • Aug 2017

Extending context menu and running script for set of files/folders

Hi,

I need some extended functionality. I need select some files let's say 100 orphan files/folders and make a custom command(bash script or nodejs javascript module) which gets and processes them all.
    I would like to extend context menu for linux(ubuntu) version.
    For windows in theory I can extend explorer context menu. Not sure how this extension would work for set of files.
    Is there easy way to do it? If yes could you drop me a link or where to look.

Thanks in advance.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

I think you are looking for our Open With behavior, found in the Tools menu -> Options dialog, Open With tab. Here you can define custom commands which can act on a selection. You can then use our Display Filters to limit the view, and selection tools to then select the viewable files or folders. This right click Open With is only available within BC4 itself.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• alex357
      New User
      • Aug 2017

Aaron, thanks for your help. I will try.

Comment

• LeonTer
        New User
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Aaron
        Hello,

I think you are looking for our Open With behavior, found in the Tools menu -> Options dialog, Open With tab. Here you can define custom commands which can act on a selection. You can then use our Display Filters to limit the view, and selection tools to then select the viewable files or folders. This right click Open With is only available within BC4 itself.
        Hi Aaron, just wanted to say thanks as that worked for me.

Comment

Working...