X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerrasdair
    Visitor
    • Aug 2017

Infinite loop scanning folders

I'll try to explain this as clearly as possible. I'm using BC4 for Mac to set up a left-to-right folder sync session.

I'm trying to scan and sync a large top level folder (on a Synology NAS, accessed in BC as a WebDAV connection using the IP address). But as BC scans through the tree of subfolders, it reaches one and displays an infinite loop of blank subfolders before eventually freezing. I then have to force quit Beyond Compare. You can see this in the attached screenshot.

With some folders I don't care about so much, I can either delete them or zip their contents, and BC can then continue. But it's now happening on a folder full of fonts which I work with and don't want to delete or zip.

I guess first off, can we find out why this is happening, because it's not just this folder it happens on? Secondly, can we prevent it, because it's not representative of the folder structure on the drive that's being scanned?
    Attached Files
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Are you running BC 4.2.2? We had a fix for an issue that showed similar symptoms, and another fix in the upcoming 4.2.3. All 4.x updates are free for 4.x users.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Kerrasdair
      Visitor
      • Aug 2017

Thanks Aaron... 4.1.9

I'll update and report back

Comment

• Kerrasdair
        Visitor
        • Aug 2017

Ok, upgraded to 4.2.2 and the symptom is different, but the problem's the same.

It's still getting stuck on the same folder, albeit not crashing. It just seems to be stuck in an infinite loop expanding the fonts in the folder again and again.

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

I think one of our upcoming 4.2.3 fixes will help with this. If you would like to help us test it before it is released, please email into [email protected] with a link back to this forum thread, and I can get you a beta release.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...