• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khodakova
    New User
    • Aug 2017

How to exclude Minor differences from the Beyond Compare script report

Hello!
    I am using BC ver Version 4.0 (build 18847) I have script to compare two csv. files and generate report

file-report layout:side-by-side & options:display-mismatches & output-to:%3 %1 %2

by default I have set a session which uses % tolerance on one of the columns in both files:

1st file
    20170804 2.985
    20170804 3.96
    20170804 14.987
    20170804 10.8

2nd file:

20170807 3
    20170807 4
    20170807 15
    20170807 13

For the second column numeric tolerance is set 0.5 relative (%). According to that first and third rows are highlighted in blue for me (as unimportant) if I compare them manually. Then 1. I press Minor button to treat them as equal and then 2. Diff button - and I am getting expected result - only 2nd and 4th rows.

Is it any possibility to do these steps (1 and 2) via script?

Thank you a lot in advance for any help!
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Scripting will use the default session settings, so you will need to configure the default Table Compare on the Home screen, in the saved Sessions list, expand the New folder and Edit Defaults for the Table Compare. Then loading your files into any new Table Compare should immediately show the unimportant rows as blue or black (depending on if Ignore Unimportant Differences/Minor is enabled).

To click the Minor button in scripting, add ignore-unimportant to your script. The diff button is covered by the options:display-mismatches:
    data-report layout:side-by-side options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches output-to:"%3" "%1" "%2"
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Also, all 4.x updates are free for 4.x users. You can update to the latest BC4 from our website or the Help menu -> Check for Updates.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• khodakova
        New User
        • Aug 2017

Thank you a lot for your help and so quick answer!
        I have modified my script in the following way and now I have only differences (without minor differences) in the report as was expected

file-report layout:side-by-side &
        options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches &
        output-to:%3 %1 %2

Comment

Working...