X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • omahaprogrammer
    New User
    • Aug 2017

Difficulty opening a file diff with TortoiseSVN

I have set up TortoiseSVN to execute BC3 when opening a diff and merge window. For the most part, it works well.

However, there are some files (usually XML files) that don't open correctly, and instead display an error message like 'Cannot open file "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\1\BC37CAC. tmp". Access is denied'

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\1\ is equivalent to %TEMP% in my environment

This error does not always happen, but if I encounter such a situation it is always repeatable. Files with a similar name are created on any diff, and the folder location is fully accessible.

The command line config in Tortoise for the diff viewer is:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe" %base %mine /title1=%bname /title2=%yname /leftreadonly
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The temp file might be generated as part of an external conversion, or as part of a temporary checkout for the diff. In the status bar of each pane, which File Format is loading for each .xml file? Is it the factory default XML, or one of the downloaded XML Tidied or XML Sorted, etc additional formats? If you disable the alternate formats, does that help during this checkout (Tools menu -> File Formats, uncheck the topmost *.xml formats to temporarily disable them)?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...