X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

You can restore defaults with the Tools menu -> Restore Factory Defaults wizard: select Colors,Fonts.

Consolas Regular 10pt for the Editor and Hex if on Vista or newer, otherwise Courier New. Testing on my Win7 VM, the classic theme was still using Consolas, but I tried switching to Courier New manually and can see the problem. If you switch fonts or use the default Windows theme, then it doesn't reproduce.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Aaron
      ...I tried switching to Courier New manually and can see the problem.
      Great.

If you switch fonts or use the default Windows theme, then it doesn't reproduce.
      I confirm that if I switch to Consolas, it is not reproduced.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

A developer looked into this and the underscore positioning is controlled by the font, not BC4. We wouldn't be able to fix this combination of theme/font, but do have an option to help:
        Under the Tools menu -> Options dialog, Tweaks section, there is an "Extra Line Spacing" option. If you increase this slightly, it will give the lines more overall vertical room.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Apr 2008

e wouldn't be able to fix this combination of theme/font, but do have an option to help:
          Under the Tools menu -> Options dialog, Tweaks section, there is an "Extra Line Spacing" option. If you increase this slightly, it will give the lines more overall vertical room.
          I confirm that "Extra line spacing: 1 pixels" does separate the bold underscore from the outline box:

Thanks.

I'll probably look for a near-equivalent of Courier New which doesn't have this issue.

Comment

Working...