X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pepak
    Visitor
    • Aug 2017

Autodetect encoding - select allowed encodings

Hi! Is it possible to select which encodings might be used for file comparisons? I do need automatic detection, because I use files in different encodings, but the set of encodings that I use is quite limited, so I would like BC to choose only from those. For example, just now BC autodetected an encoding as "Western European", but that will always be wrong, so it should never be provided. In fact, it would be sufficient for my needs if BC only ever chose among Win-ANSI, UTF8, UTF16 and possibly in rare cases Win-OEM. I didn't find an option to do that, but I hope I overlooked something. Can anyone help me, please?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. We have methods to override the encoding, but not the auto-detect list. A specific session or File Format can override the format to a specific format. I'll add your idea to our customer wishlist. Do you have example files you would like us to review? You can email us at [email protected] (along with a link back to this forum thread).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• pepak
      Visitor
      • Aug 2017

Hello Aaron,

overriding the encoding based on filetype is not a solution. My filetypes typically use a mixture of encodings, so I can't very well force one specific encoding to them. But I can guarantee that the encoding will only be one of a very few encodings; if the autodetection was limited only to these few, it would be 100% exact all the time.

pepak

Comment

Working...