X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamsit
    New User
    • Jul 2017

'.ods' table compares

... can BC compare two ' .ods' (Open Source- Office) tables in English (similar to ' .xls' tables) ? I only get 'hex' comparisons?? tx
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

To compare OpenOffice .ods files, you'll need to add the OpenOffice documents file format.

Additional File Formats for Beyond Compare 3: http://www.scootersoftware.com/downl..._moreformatsv3

Additional File Formats for Beyond Compare 4: http://www.scootersoftware.com/downl..._moreformatsv4
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• MlaHaak
      New User
      • Jun 2018

Any change for upgrading this to be able to see *.ods files (Libre office Calc) as tables (as is for Excel)?

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

I'll add comparing LibreOffice Calc *.ods files in the Table Compare to the feature request list for a future version of BC.

In the current version of Beyond Compare, the best workaround is to open the .ods files in LibreOffice, save as CSV, then open the CSV files in BC's Table Compare.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Zoë
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Which platform are you using BC and LibreOffice one? Due to the differences in libraries we use, I could see this getting added to the Linux or macOS versions before it got added on Windows.
          Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• MlaHaak
            New User
            • Jun 2018

Unfortunately I am on windows 10...

Comment

• Gianni1962PiacenzaIT
              Visitor
              • Jul 2009

Any news?
              I would like to be able to compare .ODS files to .XLS / .XLSX files but they are converted in an incomparable way.
              I'm using the Windows version.

EDIT: Sorry, after posting I have discovered how to have .ODS show.up in the same way as .XLS.
              EDIT2: Sorry, I'm using BC version 4 and this post is in BC version 3 forum ...
              Last edited by Gianni1962PiacenzaIT; 20-Apr-2020, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...