How to compare two files that have data in different position. (P1)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • espeertis
    New User
    • Jul 2017

How to compare two files that have data in different position. (P1)

HI all,

i have problem. I have two files that i need to compare. Both files have same data in common but this informations are in a differents position (rows). How can i compare this data if i want to find all the common data "in the file but not in the same position". For example.

File 1

Row Data
    1 A
    2 B
    3 C

File 2

Row Data
    1 B
    2 A
    3 Z

Output

A , B
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

In the Text Compare, you would need to Sort the rows. This can be done using the built in Sorted format (Tools menu -> File Formats: Sorted) and selecting it from the formats dropdown when comparing your files, or creating a custom format using an external program or script to perform the sorting:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...rnalconversion

What extension are these files? If they are delimited data with Key columns, you can use the Data Compare, which will sort on the Key column (right click any column header to set as Key, Standard, or Unimportant). After sorting and aligning based on the Key, the row is compared.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• calvinle
      New User
      • Aug 2017

I have a member file with 10k of data and the second one with 15k of data which 5k member has been added. The order can be different. Will the BC3 be able to compare?

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Sorting would need to be done. The Text Compare can use the Sort format, or if you 'data' is row/column based (Excel or CSV, etc) you can use the Data Compare and sort/align on the Key column (and you can customize which column/s are the Key).
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...