X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeblas
    Visitor
    • Jul 2017

"Arithmetic Operation resulted in an Overflow" during Team Foundation setup

I can't get Source Control Integration set up.

I try to use the "Source Control Integration" dialog by entering a path that's at the root of my project. I press the "Add..." button, and I get a message box with no title and a message that says "Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow."

When I press OK in that box, I get another box that says "Error" in the title and "Unable to configure association: Non-specific error".

I've got the Microsoft 64-bit provider for Team Foundation Server installed. It's for Visual Studio 2013, since that's what I'm using. I'm running 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, and I've got "Version 4.2.2 (build 22384)" of Beyond Compare 4, 64-bit edition.

If I can get this working, I want to register my Pro Edition. If I can't, then there's no point in getting the Pro Edition because it won't work for me.

What can I do to get this working?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Which Provider download link did you use, and which version of Visual Studio 2013 are you specifically running?

If you re-run our setup.exe and use /32 to force a 32bit install of BC4.2.2 Pro, does this version work with your current 64bit Provider or the 32bit Provider?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• mikeblas
      Visitor
      • Jul 2017

Hi Aaron!

I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2013.

The About box says it's version 12.0.40629.00 Update 5.

I installed the MSSCCI package linked from the Beyond Compare KB Article titled Team Foundation Server Not Listed in Source Control Integration Dialog. One of the links in that article is 404, BTW; you might want to update it.

The link I followed goes to the download for Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2013&2015 MSSCCI Provider 64-bit page at the Microsoft Visual Studio Marketplace.

I should have time to try the 32-bit version of BC later today. Am I wrong to expect the 64-bit product to work correctly?

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Both are expected to work, but we've seen the 64bit one break before. While we investigate, it's likely the 32bit MSSCCI provider with a 32bit BC4 install would be the workaround.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• mikeblas
          Visitor
          • Jul 2017

Hi, Aaron.

At your suggestion, I uninstalled the 64-bit version of BeyondCompare and intalled the 32-bit version by using the "/32" switch on the installer's command line. I then installed the 32-bit MSSCCI package linked from the Beyond Compare KB article.

My symptoms are a little better, but I've still not reached success. When I try to add the provider to BeyondCompare, I get a message box with the title "Error" and the text "No providers detected".

How should I proceed? I hope we can get this worked out soon.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

Did you reboot inbetween tests? When I was testing this out, I hit the same error, but after a full computer restart I was then able to use BC4 (32bit) with the source control directory.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• mikeblas
              Visitor
              • Jul 2017

I must have rebooted since the last try, since trying it again yielded a bit of progress.

I now get this error message:

Code:
              ---------------------------
              Changing to Server workspace
              The workspace you selected (MyWorkspace) is a local workspace. Local workspaces will not work properly in MSSCCI. It is recommended to change this workspace to a server workspace. Do you want to change this workspace to a server workspace?
              Yes   No   Cancel   

I guess I'll have to go read up on the difference between local and server workspaces. Curiously, I selected "No", but the association was created anyway.

Comment

• Aaron
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

I also selected "No", but didn't notice an association was created anyway. I'm not familiar with the difference, either.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• mikeblas
                  Visitor
                  • Jul 2017

It's pretty bad: server workspaces might be a good idea for some, but they're absolutely not appropriate for any of my projects. Thing is, the popup occurs at least once per file open -- at least twice during a two-way compare session. I don't understand why BC won't work with local workspaces.

Are any improvements anticpated in this area?

Comment

• Aaron
                    Team Scooter
                    • Oct 2007

I'll try to dig into it a bit more, but that's not our dialog, and I'd suspect that answering No shouldn't convert it. But I don't have much experience with this prompt or these types of workspaces. Are you aware of any criteria that would trigger the conversion if the user selects No?
                    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...