Can one expand only the folders (without files)?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Donk
    Old Hand
    • May 2016

Can one expand only the folders (without files)?

Can one expand only the folders (without files). So I want to see all the expanded folders without the files.
  • RodolfoGiovanninetti
    Veteran
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Donk
    Can one expand only the folders (without files). So I want to see all the expanded folders without the files.
    You can do this. From the menu "View", You choose "Always Show Folders". And then, in "Name Filters", You choose to exclude "*" files. It should show what You want.

To ScooterSoftware. Is it possible to add the "Name Filters" to menu "View"?

Regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

• Donk
      Old Hand
      • May 2016

Thank you very much, Rodolfo!

You can do this. From the menu "View", You choose "Always Show Folders". And then, in "Name Filters", You choose to exclude "*" files. It should show what You want.
      Yes, that works, great. It appears, I can use different / all views besides of those ones:

Many thanks

Comment

• RodolfoGiovanninetti
        Veteran
        • Oct 2007

You are right, from the menu "View" You can choose also "Compare Files and Folder Structure".
        But, at least on my laptop, if I choose "Only Compare Files", when I open a folder it disappears.
        And, if I choose "Ignore Folder Structure", it opens all folders and then everything disappears.
        So, You may want to experiment with these settings.

regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

• Donk
          Old Hand
          • May 2016

But, at least on my laptop, if I choose "Only Compare Files", when I open a folder it disappears.
          And, if I choose "Ignore Folder Structure", it opens all folders and then everything disappears.
          Yes, the same here, with those two views folders are not shown, I would say.

Yes, experimenting is a good idea.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Name Filters tab is directly on the toolbar as the Filters: *.* box. Any edits to here update Name Filters, and vice versa.

We also have a Show None display filter you can enable in the Tools menu -> Options dialog, Toolbars/etc, Text Compare: Show None. This would act similar to the -*.* filter to hide files, in combination with Always Show Folders would show just folders.

If you still have -*.* or Show None enabled and you then set to Only Show Files, this will remove all the folders from view because they are all 'empty' because of your filter.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Donk
              Old Hand
              • May 2016

Alright, thank you very much, Aaron.

Comment

Working...