X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Donk
    Old Hand
    • May 2016

Automatically remove emtpy folders?

Is there a function to generally automatically remove emtpy folders?

And / or an option to let BC do it after moving files from one side to the other leaving empty folders on the source side?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. We don't have the ability to select empty folders, but it is something on our wishlist. We do have this command in scripting, if you wanted to use a script to perform this action to select empty.folders then delete the selection.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Also, the View menu -> Only Show Files will remove empty folders from view (either actually empty, or if all items are filtered out), but does not delete them.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Donk
        Old Hand
        • May 2016

Hello Aaron,

Many thanks!

We do have this command in scripting, if you wanted to use a script to perform this action to select empty.folders then delete the selection.
        Sorry, I do not understand that at all.

Also, the View menu -> Only Show Files will remove empty folders from view (either actually empty, or if all items are filtered out), but does not delete them.
        Alright, I would like to remove them physically.

Many thanks again

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Beyond Compare scripting is documented in the Help file (F1), Using Beyond Compare -> Scripting chapter. It is a text file and command line that can call BC4 in an automated mode that executes the code in the text file. This can perform a series of commands, one of which is select empty.folders.

Scripting offers no graphical interface and no preview of what it is about to do. We also do not support an Undo. I would suggest testing with test folders first while learning how script works if this is a solution you'd like to pursue.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Donk
            Old Hand
            • May 2016

Ah yes, I understand.

Yes, testing would be very useful indeed, looks quite complicated. I guess, I rather will leave this scripting part for now.

Many thanks

Comment

Working...