Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It should be in the next release of BC4.

Update Redacted:
    If you email us at support with a link back to this forum thread, we may be able to get you a nightly build.
    Update: Unfortunately, we aren't able to get a nightly release of this fix. We'll work on getting it into a BC4 release.
    Last edited by Aaron; 11-Jul-2017 at 11:58 AM. Reason: No Nightly Available
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Worked for me on macOS High Sierra 10.13 Beta 4!

The macOS High Sierra 10.13 Beta startup crash is fixed in Beyond Compare 4.2.3 that was released today.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Hey there,

I was having the same issue as described with an unrelated application, and my googling got me past here.

I have since fixed the issue for the other application, and I thought I'd stop by and hopefully help someone here; I've registered just for this, so sorry if the formatting is rotten:

1. Open Disk Utility
    2. Select "File" -> "New Image" -> "Blank Image"
    3. "Save as" and "Name" set to something that makes sense for you; "Size" is not that important, but since it allocates the amount you set, set it to something like 10% above the reported size of the Application file; Format must be `Mac OS Extended (Journaled)` (DO NOT set "Case Sensitive" as that can lead to other issues), leave Encryption off and let "Partitions" be at "Single - GUID", and set "Image Format" to "read/write" - pic here: http://imgur.com/a/N8Nw1
    4. Click Save
    5. Copy or move the Application bundle from `/Applications/` into the newly created Disk Image
    6. Launch the Application from the new Disk Image

There might be some more adjustments for this specific software, since I don't even have any idea what your software is :-)

Hope that helps, and have a great day!

Thanks for the workaround. It isn't needed in the most recent release (4.2.3) since we've incorporated a fix in that release, but if other users are running into this issue with the MacOS beta and other applications, this could be useful.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Thanks for the workaround. It isn't needed in the most recent release (4.2.3) since we've incorporated a fix in that release, but if other users are running into this issue with the MacOS beta and other applications, this could be useful.
    I'm running 4.2.3 and upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra yesterday and am getting a whole lot of this (something mentioned earlier in this thread) when I use `bcomp` (as is used in `git difftool`):

Code:
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'

Thank you, I've duplicated the error on macOS High Sierra 10.13. I'll add it to our bug list.

Beyond Compare still appears to launch and run a comparison correctly despite displaying the errors to the terminal.
    Chris K Scooter Software

I'm seeing a similar issue on macOS 10.13 public release.
    Beyond Compare v4.2.3 (build 22587)

The program is working, but seeing the following errors when launching from command-line:
    Code:
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'
    This thread is the first result on google for
    macOS 10.13 "unsupported compressor"|"Unknown compression scheme encountered for file"

Same errors here! BC 4.2.3 (22587) + High Sierra 10.13 (17A365)
    Any chance for a fix soon?

luckman212,

It's on our bug list, but doesn't have a scheduled fix date.

Is the bug preventing you from using Beyond Compare on macOS 10.13, or just displaying messages to the terminal window? When I tested on macOS 10.13, Beyond Compare still appeared to operate correctly despite the error messages displayed.
    Chris K Scooter Software