Default How to ignore the file ending like PC / UNIX ?

I had Google the question and that windows version of BC do have the option.
    Like this https://www.scootersoftware.com/vbul...en-PC-and-Unix
    But I didn't found in my macOS BC4.
    Looking forward helps, thanks.

Hello,

On MacOS, this is in the Text Compare session's Session menu -> Session Settings, Comparison tab: "Compare line endings (PC/Mac/Unix)" enabled or disabled. By default, it is disabled, so you should already be ignoring the line ending character.

Note, this option is to ignore the character itself (which is different between OS's). It does not ignore where the line break occurs, aka comparison over multiple lines.

If you are still having trouble, would it be possible to get a screenshot example of the difference you are seeing reported?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Hi, Aaron.
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes, When I open two files AKA 'Text Compare session' that just line ending different already ignored.

But my issue was in Folder Compare, I usually :
    1. open two folder. (here most file was shown as same, I thought that 'quick compare' works well)
    2. select all files then do 'Compare Content' in my right click menu.
    3. most file shown as different
    4. open specific file, I found its all the same just the PC/Unix ending issue.

I think that "Compare line endings (PC/Mac/Unix)" should also in the 'Rule' of 'Folder Compare' session, or somewhere else I didn't find it.

Hello,

The Compare Contents command (by default) shows a dialog which lets you select which compare style to use. In this case, you'd want to use Rules-based. If this dialog has been suppressed, go to the Tools menu -> Options dialog, File Operations tab, and enable "confirm content compare".

Selecting Rules-based will perform the scan as the default viewer (like double clicking each file). If the default Text Compare settings ignore a specific item (like Line Endings), then these results are used, and populate the center column between file names in the Folder Compare.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Hi, Aaron

Rules-based works, thanks for your help!