CSV files differing only in date format marked as completely different after pause

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dandv
    Enthusiast
    • Dec 2009

CSV files differing only in date format marked as completely different after pause

I've found that for CSV files differing only slightly, e.g. in the date format, BeyondCompare is completely off: it highlights the files as completely different, when in fact they have matching unique IDs on each line. It also takes minutes to realize the files are different.

Wish I could attach a ZIP of the files but I got this error:

Your file of 238.6 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 97.7 KB for this filetype.
    Please consider increasing the attachment limit. 100KB is really small nowadays.

In the meantime, please find the test case at Meld's Bugzilla (Meld isn't much better at this, while CompareIt shines).

Version 4.2.2 (build 22384), 64-bit, running on Ubuntu Linux.
    Attached Files
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

You can email us at [email protected] with the example file, and your BCSupport.zip (Help menu -> Support; Export). Please also include a link back to this forum thread for our reference.

The low limits help avoid various issues, including spam control and performance. You can also include links to file share utilities like dropbox if email is not an option.

The screenshot of BC4, Column 1 is the Key and has the date information you mention. The right file appears entirely off screen, however, so we can't verify why the rows are not aligning without the files. The column would detect as Date if it matches your computer's regional settings, or Text if it does not. For either, the data in the row must match exactly, otherwise it won't align. We could help find the difference with the sample files and BCSupport.zip.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...