• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mlippert255
    Journeyman
    • Sep 2005

High CPU (pegs at 100%)

Hi,
    I've seen a couple of other posts about similar symptoms now.

I'm running BC 64bit 4.2.2 (build 22384) on Linux Mint 18.1 KDE (1 CPU)

I have BC configured as the diff tool for SmartGit.

What I just determined is that on the 1st diff, BC is fine, but if I then do a 2nd diff which opens in a 2nd tab, then BC pegs the CPU.

Closing a tab at that point doesn't help. I have to shutdown BC, at which point a single diff is fine again.

I just tried changing the BC setting to open new sessions in a new window instead of a tab, but the behavior didn't change, the 2nd diff (in the new window this time) still causes BC to use all available CPU.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks. I've reproduced this issue and we'll open a tracker entry to investigate.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• mlippert255
      Journeyman
      • Sep 2005

Excellent, that's all I wanted, well I'd like it fixed, but since you were able to reproduce it I have every confidence you'll squash it and the fix will be in an update sometime in the future.

If you were able to give a short description of what the cause was found to be (when it's found), that would appease my developer curiosity, but I understand if that doesn't happen.
      Last edited by mlippert255; 27-Jun-2017, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

The Linux high CPU usage when launching a second comparison from the command line bug is fixed in version 4.2.3.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...