Default Do I need something SIMPLER??

Hello,
    At the Moment, what I really need to know is if Beyond Compare 4 is really be the BEST tool for a certain purpose (which I will describe in just a sec), or should I be looking for something SIMPLER (I am NOT a Technically minded person).

So . . . Here is what I need:: I have a V A S T number (More than 20 GB) of photos & videos (jpg's, png's, mp4's & several Other Image Formats). I keep ALL of these 20 GB in a Folder that is Both Hidden & Encrypted for protection.
    Basically, I need to be Absolutely Positive that all of this Hiding & Encrypting is having Zero Effect on the images, so what I plan to do is: Each Week, I will Decrypt the Hidden Folder & Compare it against a Password-Protected Backup to make SURE that the ONLY difference is the new files that are added that week (which will be obvious by their creation-date).

Soooo, for a NON-technical person (& I’ve not yet tested B.C.S.), is Beyond Compare Standard the Best Simple & Quick way to test the integrity of that hidden folder? I.e.: Will it Quickly & Simply tell me of any non-conforming png, jpg, etc.?

Thank you very much for your comments & assistance!

Chuck

Hello,

First, I would suggest using our Trial, which can run in Standard or Pro mode using the Help menu -> About dialog. Here: Pro mode is a check box and restarting the app can let you test either feature set to make sure it works for you.

It sounds like Standard would work well for this scenario. It assumes you can access/load both folder locations in the Left and Right sides of BC4, and that once unencrypted the folder structure and file names all match on both sides. Assuming the names of folders and files are the same, these items will line up and you can either compare them by metadata (timestamp/size) or content (binary scan) to see how or if any have changed. Any items that are not aligned are "Orphans"; these would be the recently added (or renamed or deleted) files on one side or the other.

We have an Introduction video and a Basics tutorial video series that would be useful, here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/features.php?zz=v4videos

If BC4's Folder Comparison meets your needs, you can then purchase and register the software. Let us know if you have any questions. Full screen screenshots are often useful, which you can post or email us at support@scootersoftware.com. If emailed, please include a link to this forum thread for our reference.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Thank you very much, Aaron, your comments are very helpful!
    I think my main concern is whether the learning curve of B.C.S. would be too severe for me to handle, since I am simply needing Rock Solid Assurance that my files are REMAINING in pristine condition.
    Btw, I should mention that I was directed to your website by some very positive comments I read when I did a Search for "Folder-Comparison" Software. My first stop in looking for new software is always "
    Alternativeto.net/?platform=windows" -- They're not perfect, but Usually they give me a good idea of some options for a particular purpose.

Chuck

Hello,

Did you get a chance to check out the Overview video and tutorial video? I think those would help best determine if you think the software is too complicated for your task. It sounds like you are looking for "Orphan" files, but it would be good to test with our trial and your folders to see how our alignment works and if it meets your needs.

Please note that we do not support an *Undo* command, so please review the interface before committing any actions like Copy, Move, Delete, Sync, etc which cannot be undone.
    Aaron P Scooter Software