X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • groundtick
    New User
    • Jun 2017

Include row numerbers in file-report

I have a python script which takes 2 excel files with multiple sheets an converts them into csv files so they can be compared using a BCompare script and then compiled into a singular html file. The one thing that I'm missing is that I would like my compared csv files to include row numbers the same as if I was creating this report in the program. So, is there an option to include this in the report, or do I need to check an overarching setting within my Beyond Compare or what?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The side-by-side report does not display line numbers, but Layout: Interleaved does include them. Would this report style work for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• groundtick
      New User
      • Jun 2017

So, my script actually does both layouts, but I have it parsing the side-by-side report to stack them as opposed to side by side as it makes the files I'm comparing really long when they're side by side. I know when using the GUI I can enable a side by side report and include row numbers.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Ah, you're right. I missed the option checkbox in the interface for the side-by-side.

In scripting, that is added with the options: section such as
        data-report layout:side-by-side options:line-numbers output-to:"c:\report\report.html" output-options:html-color "c:\file1.csv" "c:\file2.csv"
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...