'Don't show again' - checkboxes, where to turn on again?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • menace97
    Journeyman
    • Sep 2014

'Don't show again' - checkboxes, where to turn on again?

My apologies for probably a simple thing I am just missing...

I've actually never had this window pop-up before in Beyond Compare, so maybe that is what threw me off - but rather than show empty folders displayed, BC4 asked me what I would like to do -- and I checked the "Don't show again" checkbox instinctively as I often do in most software... but now I am wondering where I would turn on this feature to show me again if I should ever want to in the future?

I'm sure I am probably staring right at it, but I can't seem to find it in the options or searching through the help!

I'm sure I would rather it just hide the folders if they are empty, but in the future... I may change my mind. Thanks for any assistance with this option that has me curious and perplexed. Cheers!
    Attached Files
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Most of our pop-up confirmations are controlled in the Tools menu -> Options dialog, File Operations section.

This dialog is a Tip/tutorial dialog, and does not actually offer any interaction. It's letting you know you took an action that then hid a folder from view, such as applying a filter that removed all child items in a folder, so it also filtered out from view. The dialog does not change this behavior or alter it (it has already happened when this pop up appears); but for new users this can be confusing so we show the Tip window.

If you need to re-enable it, we don't have a graphical option, but you can remove the <TTipSate> node or subitem <DontShowAgain Value="[tipEmptyDirs]"/> in the BCState.xml file. Go to the Help menu -> Support dialog, and click the blue Explore settings folder link to find your BCState.xml.

**Before any manual edits, I recommend backing up *all* of your settings using the Tools menu -> Export wizard, just in case.**
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• menace97
      Journeyman
      • Sep 2014

Perfect! I thought I was "losing it" as I had been poking around the Tools menu -> Options area where I remember seeing messages I could turn back on/off...

Thanks very much for the response Aaron – I completely understand now.

Comment

Working...