Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Oh, true. The remove will be universal, but the Add patch does need manual editing if to include install path information. Sorry for missing that point when distributing the file. It's not an elegant workaround, which is why we don't have a public posting; it's something that can require a bit of support or back and forth, which is why we have customers contact us about the issue.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• thatoneguy
      Visitor
      • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Aaron
      Oh, true. The remove will be universal, but the Add patch does need manual editing if to include install path information. Sorry for missing that point when distributing the file. It's not an elegant workaround, which is why we don't have a public posting; it's something that can require a bit of support or back and forth, which is why we have customers contact us about the issue.
      Do you know if the option within Beyond Compare to enable the integration will detect the install path and put it properly in the registry for the user? If so, can the user simply disable it within Beyond Compare, then re-enable it to fix the problem without obtaining the registry file and being required to manually edit and import?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

A regular install would work out of the box, and the checkbox in the Options dialog let's you toggle the extension on and off, and it works. These .reg patches are only needed when something in the registry breaks, and for some extreme reason, the setup.exe's uninstall and install isn't able to clean up the registry (which, it can in normal instances).

The Uninstall/Install is attempting to do these steps, but for some reason it fails for a subset of users that then only works by manually patching their registry with a .reg.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• thatoneguy
          Visitor
          • Feb 2018

Good to know. I'll remember that if it happens again in the future.
          Thanks again!

Comment

• HeavyStorm
            New User
            • Feb 2018

Originally posted by flintning
            I've found the reason of this problem. Checking with RegDllView.exe, you'll find the the register shellext is BCShellEx.dll, not BCShellEx64.dll. After modifying the registry HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{57FA2D12-D22D-490A-805A-5CB48E84F12A}\InProcServer32 to BCShellEx64.dll, everything is ok.
            Solved my problem. Seems a simplI loe issue, couldn't it be fixed by the installer? I can even picture myself going into this again in a few months when my hdd crashes again or I need to clean install windows for some other reason.

Comment

• duchen
              New User
              • May 2018

I have the same problem - cannot see the BC item(s) in the context menu.

My computer is a new machine running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.
              My HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{57FA2D12-D22D-490A-805A-5CB48E84F12A}\InProcServer32 is BCShellEx64.dll.
              I am using BC 64bit 4.2.4 Pro Edition.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

• Chris
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

duchen,

Please email [email protected] and we'll send you registry patches that might fix the context menu issue.
                Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• duchen
                  New User
                  • May 2018

Replied. Waiting for the patches.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...