Script to make HTML report that looks like a "Differences" Folder Compare Report

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InigMntoya
    New User
    • May 2017

Script to make HTML report that looks like a "Differences" Folder Compare Report

I'm trying to make what I thought would be a simple script to get essentially the same results as I get when I use the GUI
    to generate a folder compare report with the "differences" report option.

I get CLOSE to what I want with:

folder-report layout:side-by-side options:display-mismatches output-to:bcresults1.htm output-options:html-color

But the result includes the entire folder structure, not just the areas applicable to where the differences are.
    Kind of like what you get when comparing "All" vs "File and Folder Structure" in the GUI.

What am I missing here?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Scripting always uses the factory default settings, and unfortunately some items are not directly exposed in script as a variable. The best strategy here is to save a Folder Compare session that has the Folder View mode (Only Files) set, then load the session and load the folders sequentially into it.

To do this:
    Load the graphical interface
    Start a blank, new Folder Compare and change the view mode to Only Show Files.
    Save the session (with the name of "Only Show Files Session" or similar).

In script, you can then:
    load "Only Show Files Session"
    load "c:\folder1" "c:\folder2"
    expand all
    folder-report layout:side-by-side options:display-mismatches output-to:bcresults1.htm output-options:html-color

The session loads first with its settings (incl folder view mode), and then the folder pairs load into it, and you can proceed with your script normally. Let us know if this helps get the report you are looking for.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...