X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tstauffer
    New User
    • May 2017

Unix vs PC

I know this has been asked before, not recently, but I am having a devil of a time making this 'feature' work.
    I have done everything that I can read online to make folder compare NOT care about line endings but it continues to flag them as differences until I perform the text compare. I am using the latest version 4, granted I am still in the trial period, while I wait for the corporation to get the keys, but I am hoping that doesn't make a difference. I am comparing thousands of files so this is a very big deal for me.
    What am I missing?

Thanks
    Troy
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

If "until I perform the text compare", the key should be navigating to the Session menu -> Session Settings, Comparison tab: enable Rules-based compare (and leave the other defaults as is: Timestamp, Size, and Override enabled).

A rules-based scan is similar to double clicking every file in the comparison and using those results as the center column between files, and by default the line ending is unimportant.

Session Settings only apply to the current view (folder compare tab), but you can:
    -save that tab as a Folder Compare session for future use of those specific folders and settings
    -update session defaults for all future, new folder comparisons.

To update defaults, in the same Session Settings dialog, update the dropdown from "only use for this view" to "also update session defaults", or on the main Home screen, in the saved Sessions list, expand the New folder, and edit the defaults of the Folder Compare's Comparison tab.

Does this help get you up and running?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...