X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beauj
    Journeyman
    • May 2016

Colors, Fonts > File Views Change a Color

This text case typo, uppercase vs. lowercase, caused a modal window button to not display:

To my color-challenged eyes, that's not a bright & visible enough difference to stand out, and it took me hours to figure out why the button wasn't displaying.

In Tools > Options > Colors, Fonts > File Views, what's the name of this element? I'd like to fiddle with the color.
    “Compare colors > Important difference” doesn't do the trick (even thought I'd think this would qualify and an important difference).
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

It would be Important text if the current grammar is important, or Unimportant if it is unchecked in the Importance session settings tab. I believe you may have previously customized your colors; normally the background difference color is much lighter and the font color a dark red to help pinpoint a difference. If updating the Text Color of Important difference in the Colors/Fonts section is not having an impact, you may have enabled a Tweak to override difference color with syntax color. This option is in the Tweaks section, near the top, "Show syntax highlighting on difference lines" should be disabled if you want difference foreground coloring.

If you are still having any trouble, please email us at [email protected] with your current BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support; Export, and a link back to this forum thread for our reference. A pair of sample files might also be useful.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• beauj
      Journeyman
      • May 2016

Thanks Aaron P, sorry to be so long getting back to you, I've only just now found the "notify me immediately with email", so in the future I'll be more prompt!
      I'll tackle the color problem as soon as I can and get back to you with whatever I come up with.

Comment

• beauj
        Journeyman
        • May 2016

Hi again Aaron ~
        Good news! I've figured out the problem. If I check "Only in over/under layout" in "Current" I get the bright-and-impossible-to-miss yellow on the current line.
        Below is what I had previously posted . . no need now to reply!
        Many thanks.
        ---------------------
        OK, I've got the colors to my satisfaction with one single exception.
        If the line with the difference is not the current line (line 2 is current in this example), the different text shows up in bright yellow:

But if the line with the difference is the current line (line 1 in this example) the different text is dim:

I'd like the difference also to be that bright yellow when the line with the difference is current. Is it possible?
        Last edited by beauj; 02-Apr-2017, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello,

Please email your current Help menu -> Support; Export: BCSupport.zip to [email protected] along with a link back to this forum thread for our reference. You've extensively customized your colors, so at this point it is difficult to troubleshoot without your settings.

My hunch is that you may still have Tweaks: Show syntax coloring enabled. This should be disabled. Also, Show "only over/under" but then using Side-by-side is overriding another customization you've made (disabling it). It would be better to find and revert the other customization than to use this workaround option, which only works on the current line for Side-by-side view.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• beauj
            Journeyman
            • May 2016

I've just emailed BCSupport.zip to [email protected].

<<My hunch is that you may still have Tweaks: Show syntax coloring enabled>>
            I don't fine a "Show syntax coloring enabled" choice in Tweaks, although there is a "Show syntax highlighting on difference lines" choice.

Comment

• Aaron
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Hello,

Right, that's the option I was referring to in both previous posts. When enabled, the Syntax Highlighting (colors for String, Comment, etc) override the Difference color settings. Disable this option so that the Difference colors can override the syntax coloring. It appears to be enabled in your current settings.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• beauj
                Journeyman
                • May 2016

OK, I'm all straightened out now
                Thanks again for all your help, very much appreciated!!

Comment

Working...