Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi,

I'm using BC4 Pro v4.2.3 with VS 2017 Team Explorer, and I'm having problems checking in files from the Folder Compare window.

I get three separate prompts:

Prompt 1:
    Could not load file or assimbly
    'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.ControlAd apter, Version=11.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
    Invalid pointer (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004003 (E_POINTER)).

Prompt 2:
    Value cannot be null.
    Parameter nameath1

Prompt 3:
    Non-specific error

Could you give me some ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.
    Last edited by blue_sky; 31-Oct-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Hello,

Is this error encountered using the Source Control -> Check in menu in BC4's right click menu? And you've installed the MSSCCI add-on from Microsoft? Which MSSCCI have you installed, and 32bit or 64bit?

Are you running BC4 as 32bit or 64bit (Help menu -> About)? One test might be to back up your current settings (Tools menu -> Export), then uninstall and reinstall as BC4 32bit and the 32bit MSSCCI plug-in? BCsetup.exe /32 would force a 32bit install.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Hi Aaron,

Here's what happened. We upgraded from VS2012 to VS Team Explorer 2017. When I was doing so, I may have accidentally uninstalled the MSSCCI. I tried to reinstall the latest version of MSSCCI (2013/2015) but it refused to install, saying I needed VS Team Explorer 2013. There appears to be no version of MSSCCI for 2017, and VS Team Explorer doesn't seem to be available unless I go through MSDN, which I have asked my IT guys about.

Do you have any workaround for this?

Thanks,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hello,

Is this error encountered using the Source Control -> Check in menu in BC4's right click menu? And you've installed the MSSCCI add-on from Microsoft? Which MSSCCI have you installed, and 32bit or 64bit?

Are you running BC4 as 32bit or 64bit (Help menu -> About)? One test might be to back up your current settings (Tools menu -> Export), then uninstall and reinstall as BC4 32bit and the 32bit MSSCCI plug-in? BCsetup.exe /32 would force a 32bit install.

Hello,

I've been looking into this and finding the same limitations as you. I found a blog post that asks users to install Team Explorer 2013/VS 2013 and the older MSSCCI in order to connect:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/tfs...ider-for-2013/

I tested with my own test environment and TFS check-in, on a system that had both Visual Studio 2017 and 2013 installed simultaneously. I would also suggest contacting Microsoft about this feature if you'd like to see them continue 2017 MSSCCI support.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Thank you, Aaron.

I really appreciate the feedback.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hello,

I've been looking into this and finding the same limitations as you. I found a blog post that asks users to install Team Explorer 2013/VS 2013 and the older MSSCCI in order to connect:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/tfs...ider-for-2013/

I tested with my own test environment and TFS check-in, on a system that had both Visual Studio 2017 and 2013 installed simultaneously. I would also suggest contacting Microsoft about this feature if you'd like to see them continue 2017 MSSCCI support.