How do you change right click menu to bring up BC3 instead of BC2?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wirchrick
    New User
    • Mar 2017

How do you change right click menu to bring up BC3 instead of BC2?

Hi,

Hopefully this is a simple question. I can't figure out how to make the right-click menu in Windows that says choose left side to compare and compare to so that it brings up Beyond Compare version 3 instead of version 2. I have both versions installed.

Thank you,
    Rick Wirch
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Beyond Compare 3 and Beyond Compare 2 have separate right click menus.

To disable the BC2 right click menu, run version 2, then open Tools | Options. In the General section, uncheck Include Beyond Compare in Explorer context menu.

To enable the BC3 right click menu, run version 3, then open Tools | Options. In the Startup section, check Include Beyond Compare in Explorer context menu.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• wirchrick
      New User
      • Mar 2017

Thank you, that worked. I had both of them enabled.

I unchecked BC2 and then unchecked BC3 and rechecked it and problem was solved. Thank you. Much simpler than trying to find a registry key that was doing it.

Originally posted by Chris
      Beyond Compare 3 and Beyond Compare 2 have separate right click menus.

To disable the BC2 right click menu, run version 2, then open Tools | Options. In the General section, uncheck Include Beyond Compare in Explorer context menu.

To enable the BC3 right click menu, run version 3, then open Tools | Options. In the Startup section, check Include Beyond Compare in Explorer context menu.

Comment

Working...