X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beauj
    Journeyman
    • May 2016

Change Colors and Fonts

Sorry to get such a case of the stupids, but I just can't figure out how to set up colors for files in each pane.
    Going to Tools > Options > Colors, Fonts > File Views I've fiddled endlessly but can't make much sense of it.
    I've also checked out the Understanding Displays page but following the instructions nothing seems to work
    I'd like:
    a) the background color of both panes black
    b) the font of both panes white
    c) /* */ comments in, say, pale blue
    d) differing spellings of text in Properties and Values in bright yellow

Sorry to be so obtuse, I'm only an amateur and I'm usually pretty good with this sort of thing
    Here's what I've somehow been able to create:

. . if the text that's in red were in bright yellow that'd be good . . and, as I mentioned, both panes background color black.

Thanks!
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

You are almost there.

In the Tools menu -> Options, Colors/Fonts, File Views, each concept has a background color. So the Default Text can have a foreground (white) and background (black) set. Comments are a specific grammar type, at the bottom of this list with all other grammar elements. When you open your files, which format is loaded for this file extension, and are grammars defined for this extension in the Tools menu -> File Formats dialog? Assuming they are defined (grammar element: delimited: from /* to */, then the Toolbars/Etc section should update their color.

For d) differences between the left and right? Differences default to Red, but you can change that to yellow in the Toolbars/etc -> File Views tab, Compare Colors\Important difference node.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• beauj
      Journeyman
      • May 2016

Sorry to be so long getting back to you . . I had forgot to check the "follow this thread" box, so didn't get emails (
      And my apologies for posting part of the question all over again today!

<< which format is loaded for this file extension, and are grammars defined for this extension in the Tools menu -> File Formats dialog? Assuming they are defined (grammar element: delimited: from /* to */, then the Toolbars/Etc section should update their color.>>
      OK, I'll get to that immediately, will let you know when I have (anticipated) success

Comment

• beauj
        Journeyman
        • May 2016

<<When you open your files, which format is loaded for this file extension, and are grammars defined for this extension in the Tools menu -> File Formats dialog? >>
        Hmmm . . this is Tools menu -> File Formats dialog:

I'm a bit of an amateur, I guess I'm not sure what "File Format" means. The files I'm comparing are .css.

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Here's a guide an video of defining a new file format and grammar:
          http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._unimportantv3

In the Tools menu -> File Formats, you can create a new '+' Text format. Associate with *.css. Then in the Grammar tab, you can create new grammars (following the linked guide above). These can be defined as Unimportant (as the guide shows), or you can leave them important. Color customization is then found in the Tools menu -> Options dialog, Colors/Fonts section: Text tab, scroll to the bottom of the list to find your element names.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...